Attend a Command & Staff Course Coming Near You
- Session # 003: Marion County Sheriff’s Office, Indianapolis, IN 2/2019
- Session # 004: Anoka County Sheriff’s Office, Andover, MN, 3/2019
- Session # 005: St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office, St. Charles, LA, 6/2019
- Session # 006: Detroit Police Department, Detroit, MI, 8/2019
- Session # 007: Global Center for Public Safety, Providence, RI, 9/2019
- Session # 008: Larimer County Sheriff’s Office, Fort Collins, CO, 10/2019
Command & Staff Leadership
6 Weeks Self-paced Online, 2 Weeks Residency & Capstone
Proprietary Content West Point’s Leadership in Organizations
Every Officer is a Leader Program
Ribbon Color ~ GREEN
Award ~ MAGNUS CENTURION
Leadership | Management| Trends | Foresight
Graduates of the program will leave with new colleagues, a diverse array of faculty from which the student can continue to consult, and ways to act ahead of change to create an optimistic future for law enforcement and the communities they serve.
The long-term goal of the program is to add to the leadership skill sets of each participant; it is also to contribute to the body of knowledge of law enforcement through the completion of significant foresight-based research.
- Leadership principles required to inspire and influence the future direction of the agency.
- Strategies and tactics to identify emerging issues and provide a proactive response to deliver results with confidence.
- Advanced hand-on tools, skills and knowledge necessary to anticipate and prepare for the future success.
- Fundamental and necessary working methods and benefits of sharing information.
- Use of teams and stakeholders in problem solving for better outcomes.
- The student can select a significant issue affecting law enforcement and their communities today which are having a significant impact, and for which there are no easy answers. These issues are commonly referred to as “wicked problems” and can range from something affecting one’s own agency, the state or region of that agency, or the larger profession. The focus of the research would then be to clearly define not only the symptoms and problems associated with the issue, but its underlying causes. Using that data, foresight tools and concepts will be used to identify emerging issues (technologies, social movements, political action, etc.) that may affect that issue.
- The second approach would be to identify a significant emerging issue of relevance to the future of law enforcement. The scope of the research can be how an issue might affect a function in policing, an agency size or type, or a specific issue the agency will encounter as a result of the emerging issue’s impact. This research would start from the “outside-in” and scan the horizon for what may be next, rather than focusing on what is already here, and then devising strategies to mitigate adverse outcomes
The students in programs with capstone will select a topic for research and then learn the tools and concepts they will use to complete the Futures Portfolio.
The course graduates will receive a National Command & Staff College diploma and a MAGNUS CENTURION Neck or Chest Green color Ribbon Medallion.
With this, the graduates become a member of the MAGNUS CENTURION Network for enhanced networking and future re-training and development.
* Varies from Session to Session
- Adaptive Decision-Making
- Authentic Leadership
- Budget Development & Finance
- Cognition and Attribution Theory
- Cognitive Evaluation Theory of Motivation
- Communication and Counseling Skills
- Community Relationships
- Conflict Management
- Corrections Trends and Issues
- Credible Leadership
- Decision Making in Groups
- Deliberate Leadership
- Emerging Technologies and Policing in the 21st Century
- Equity Theory of Motivation
- Executive Leadership
- Expectancy Theory of Motivation
- Goal Setting
- Human Resources
- Implicit Bias & Cultural Alignment
- Intelligence-led Policing Program, A Primer
- Inter-group Conflict Management
- Law Enforcement Futures and Foresight
- Leader Member Exchange Theory
- Leadership Philosophy Development
- Leadership Theories
- Legacy leadership
- Motivation Through Job Redesign
- Negotiations & Dispute Resolutions
- Organizational Culture
- Organizational Environment
- Overcoming Resistance to Change
- Path Goal Theory
- Personality, Intelligence and Leadership Effectiveness
- Personnel Management
- Power and Influence
- Situational Leadership Theories
- Strategic Development
- Stress Management and Resiliency
- The Ethical Dimension of Leadership
- The Organization as an Open System
- The Psychology of Intelligence Analysis
- The Psycho-social Influence on Terrorism: From Group Formation to
- Individual Radicalization
- Transformational Leadership
- Wellness & Resiliency
- Much More …