Session # 010, Command & Staff Course, Chino Department, Chino, CA
October 14, 2019 @ 8:00 am - December 13, 2019 @ 5:00 pm
6 Weeks Self-paced Online
Starts October 14, 2019 – Ends November 30, 2019
2 Weeks Residency & Capstone
Starts December 02, 2019 – Ends December 13, 2019
Chino Police Department
5450 Guardian Way, Chino, CA 91710
Tuition ~ $3,000 per Seat, 10% Discount for 2-3 Seats, 20% Discount for 4+ Seats* **
Additional 5% discount is offered to those who have completed any of the ICLD courses through various agency portals.
Total Seats ~ 60
Vision: Continuous Education and Development of the World’s Leadership MAGNUS Organizations and Professionals in Public Safety.
Mission: Impacting Communities by Providing Scientific, Proven and Practical MAGNUS Leadership Education and Development for Public Safety.
Core Values: Intellect, Virtues, Supererogation
Leadership | Integrity | Accountability | Prevention | Resiliency | Wellness
This Command & Staff Leadership learning experience will prepare you as part of the vanguard of today’s professional policing leaders. You will learn practical skills and tools to succeed in an ever-changing dynamic environment. The class focuses on effectively resolving the challenges of an accomplished career. This session of your professional development is a blended learning experience of on-line and classroom instruction complemented to enhance your learning.
Graduates of the program will meet new colleagues and make new friends. Faculty are ready to answer questions and consult long after the class ends. Students are equipped with practical ways to anticipate the future and plan for change which improves the officer, the agency and especially the communities they serve.
The long-term goal of the session is to add to the long-lasting leadership skill sets of each participant. Students will also to contribute to the body of law enforcement knowledge by conducting significant foresight-based research of their choosing. This course makes a difference. It includes:
- Leadership principles – These are the tools required to inspire and influence the future of their agencies.
- Strategies and tactics – Students will learn to correctly identify emerging issues and construct proactive responses to deliver results with confidence.
- Futures skills – Details advanced and hands-on tools, skills and knowledge to accurately anticipate and prepare for the future.
- Practical Methods – Outline Fundamental and applicable methods and benefits of sharing information.
- Problem Solving for Today – Officers will work in teams and stakeholders to do reality-based problem solving based on outcomes.
The course graduates receive a National Command & Staff College Certificate of Completion, a MAGNUS Centurion Ribbon and Medallion. With this, the graduates enter the elite MAGNUS Centurion Network for enhance networking and future re-training and development.
* May Vary from Session to Session
- Adaptive Decision-Making
- Authentic Leadership
- Basic Understanding of Terrorism
- Budget Development & Finance
- Cognition and Attribution Theory
- Cognitive Evaluation Theory of Motivation
- Communication and Counseling Skills
- Community Relationships
- Conflict Management
- Corrections Trends and Issues
- Credible Leadership
- Decision Making in Groups
- Deliberate Leadership
- Emerging Technologies and Policing in the 21st Century
- Equity Theory of Motivation
- Executive Leadership
- Expectancy Theory of Motivation
- Global Trends and Societal Influences
- Goal Setting
- Human Resources
- Implicit Bias & Cultural Alignment
- Intelligence-led Policing Program, A Primer
- Inter-group Conflict Management
- Law Enforcement Futures and Foresight
- Leader Member Exchange Theory
- Leadership Philosophy Development
- Leadership Theories
- Legacy leadership
- Motivation Through Job Redesign
- Negotiations & Dispute Resolutions
- Organizational Culture
- Organizational Environment
- Overcoming Resistance to Change
- Path Goal Theory
- Personality, Intelligence and Leadership Effectiveness
- Personnel Management
- Power and Influence
- Situational Leadership Theories
- Sound Doctrine: A Tactical Primer
- Strategic Development
- Stress Management and Resiliency
- The Ethical Dimension of Leadership
- The Organization as an Open System
- The Psychology of Intelligence Analysis
- Individual Radicalization
- Think Great
- Total Quality Management
- Transformational Leadership
- Wellness & Resiliency
- Much More …
Courage | Duty | Intelligence | Determination | Results | Compassion | Success
* Tuition does not include Travel / Meals / Accommodations
** CANCELLATION POLICY – The National Command & Staff College does not provide any refund for cancellations. This is due to the fact that tuition for the course is set so low to ensure the program seats are filled. Furthermore, in certain locations, tuition is connected to a scholarship that is awarded upon enrollment. Agencies are encouraged to provide the college with new participants’ names if they wish to substitute attendees. This substitution is allowed up to 5 p.m. of week 1 of the on-line course. Please contact Ms. Bass at firstname.lastname@example.org to make substitutions.