5-Days Blended Credible Leadership Initiative (CLI)
“Congratulations on a very successful leadership training program recently held in Southaven, Mississippi. I wanted each of you to know how powerful your presentation was and how the points mentioned hit the mark. It was a pleasure meeting both of you and if the DEA New Orleans Field Division can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to call… All the best, drive on and God Bless….”
Craig M. Wiles, Associate SAC, DEA – New Orleans Field Division, 2016
“It was a pleasure taking part of your training. I think it is the best training I have taken throughout my career with the NYPD. Thank you and Sheriff Ray Nash. You guys are touching a part of law enforcement that has not been addressed. Keep helping other law enforcers realize that they are “MAGNUS”. As for me, I know in my heart and mind that I am. God bless you both for everything.”
Police Officer Julio Castro, NYPD, 2017
Course Overview: In law enforcement one thing is certain, crisis will happen! Breaking down each crisis to understand the volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity is a philosophy known as VUCA. Viewing the police environment from the VUCA perspective is empowering and an essential skill for police officers nationwide. In simple terms, VUCA is chaos. Today the professional LEO must recognize VUCA and mitigate it to minimize disruptive and destabilizing effects on himself or herself and the organization. The 5-days Credible Leadership Initiative is an extended version of the MAGNUS Leadership workshop blending both classroom and on-line learning. This program provides scientific educational modules combined with practical and tactical counter VUCA strategies for officer credibility, effectiveness, wellness and resiliency. The course is based in the science of Reversal Theory, Cognitive and Motivational Theories, Moral Philosophy and Emotional Intelligence.
Upon completing the course, each participant will:
- Have a scientific and practical understanding of VUCA while learning the short-term and long-term effects on each Law Enforcement Officer’s credibility, community relationships, performance and Personal / Professional life.
- Understand Cognitive Science and Reversal Theory as tactical frameworks to counter VUCA.
- Develop comprehensive emotional intelligence and cognitive learning tools to enhance leadership capacity, credibility and performance.
- Increase personal wellness and resiliency.
Course Format- Option 1:
- Day 1: 6 hrs. Classroom.
- Day 2: Eight (8) hrs. online – Students will complete five (5) interactive modules on-line with exams and evaluations.
- Day 3: Six (6) hrs. Classroom.
- Day 4: Eight (8) hrs. online – Students will complete Four (4) interactive practical modules on-line with exams and evaluations.
- Day 5: Six (6) hrs. Classroom to include graduation.
Course Format- Option 2:
- Complete on-line courses in advance of the classroom
- Day 1 – Classroom: Nine (9) hrs. Classroom.
- Day 2 Classroom: Nine (9) hrs. Classroom to include graduation.
Participants will receive the following:
- Two (2) textbooks: Deliberate Leadership & Moral Compass for Law Enforcement
- Four (4) Self-Assessments
- Study guide in workbook format during class.
- National Certificate of Completion from the National Command & Staff College
- MAGNUS Leader Challenge Coin
- Induction to the National Command & Staff College