Intellect Drives Success, Wellness & Resiliency
The National Command & Staff College offers a number of live-training courses that are available for hosting at your agency.
As the host agency, you will receive five (5) training slots along with all training materials. In exchange, you agree to provide an adequate training facility, appropriate A/V equipment and support, facilitate all logistics, and assist us in promoting the training course to agencies in your region at a rate $335 per officer. Complete the form below to schedule your workshop or contact us!
Internalization | Indoctrination | Instantiation | Encapsulation
A Tactical Application of Reversal Theory for Enhanced Officer Wellness and Resiliency
2 Days Workshop
Crisis happens. Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity and Ambiguity (VUCA), coined at the Army War College in the early 1990’s, is a sobering new reality for police officers nationwide. In simple terms, VUCA is chaos. It falls on law enforcement professionals to understand it, prepare for it, and minimize the disruptive and destabilizing effects of it on self, agency and the communities they serve. This workshop introduces “MAGNUS Leadership” coined by Dr. Javidi in 2016 as a practical and tactical counter VUCA for enhanced officer effectiveness, wellness and resiliency. The program is a scientific application and expansion of the Reversal Theory focusing on activating positive brain and deep emotional intelligence. The workshop has received overwhelming positive response from agencies nationwide as well as WIDOJ and HIDTA through supported grants for their affiliated agencies.
Upon the completion of the course, the participants will:
- Have a theoretical, scientific, and practical understanding of VUCA and its short, intermediate, and long-term effects on officers’ personal and professional life.
- Understand Reversal Theory as a tactical framework to counter VUCA.
- Develop comprehensive emotional intelligence and cognitive learning tools to enhance leadership capacity.
- Proactively advance (conscious and unconscious) wellness and resiliency.
The participants will receive the following:
- Two (2) books: Deliberate Leadership & Moral Compass for Law Enforcement
- Four (4) self -assessments
- Course Materials with Workbook
- National Certificate of Completion from the National Command & Staff College
- MAGNUS Leader Coin Plaque
- Induction to the National Command & Staff College