Session Waukesha – Command & Staff Leadership
6 Weeks Self-paced Online, Opens 5/04/2018
2 Weeks Residency & Capstone, September 10-21, 2018 ~ Waukesha County Sheriff’s Office, WI
National Tuition ~ $4,850 (includes 20% discount)
Regional Tuition (States: IA, IN, MN, MI & WI) ~ $4,000 (includes 33% discount)
Total Seats Available ~ 40
* Includes 20% discount
6 Weeks Online Access Opens ~ 5/4/2018
Residency ~ 9/10-21/2018
This “Command & Staff Leadership” session is a blended learning program designed to prepare today’s policing leaders to succeed in an ever-changing professional environment and to effectively meet the challenges of the future.
Graduates of the program will leave with new colleagues, a diverse array of faculty from which the student can continue to consult, and ways to act ahead of change to create an optimistic future for law enforcement and the communities they serve.
The long-term goal of the session is to add to the leadership skill sets of each participant; it is also to contribute to the body of knowledge of law enforcement through the completion of significant foresight-based research.
- Leadership principles required to inspire and influence the future direction of the agency.
- Strategies and tactics to identify emerging issues and provide a proactive response to deliver results with confidence.
- Advanced and-on tools, skills and knowledge necessary to anticipate and prepare for the future success.
- Fundamental and necessary working methods and benefits of sharing information.
- Use of teams and stakeholders in problem solving for better outcomes.
The course graduates will receive a National Command & Staff College Certificate of Completion, Ribbon and MAGNUS Centurion Metal. With this, the graduates become a member of an elite MAGNUS Centurion Network for enhance networking and future re-training and development.
Ribbon Color ~ GREEN
Award ~ MAGNUS CENTURION
- Adaptive Decision-Making
- Basic Understanding of Terrorism
- Budget Development & Finance
- Community Relationships
- Conflict Management
- Constitutional Law
- Contemporary & Emerging Technologies ~ Legal Considerations
- Corrections ~ Legal Considerations
- Crisis Intervention Teams in Law Enforcement
- Deliberate Leadership
- Emerging Technologies and Policing in the 21st Century
- Executive Leadership
- Human Resources
- Implementing A Community Oriented Policing (COP) or Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) Program
- Implicit Bias & Cultural Alignment
- Intelligence-led Policing Program, A Primer
- Law Enforcement Futures
- Law Enforcement Government
- Law Enforcement Innovations
- Management Reporting
- Negotiations & Dispute Resolutions
- Personnel Management
- Police Futures
- Relational Policing For Leaders
- Sound Doctrine: A Tactical Primer
- Strategic Development
- Stress Management and Resiliency
- Supply Change Management & Innovation
- Surviving Verbal Conflicts
- The Psychology of Intelligence Analysis
- The Psycho-social Influence on Terrorism: From Group Formation to Individual Radicalization
- Think Great
- Wellness & Resiliency
- Much More…