Session # 1, Colorado Fraternal Order of Police, July 30-31, 2018
July 30 @ 8:00 am - July 31 @ 5:00 pm$335
Becoming a MAGNUS Officer SM for Enhanced Wellness & Resiliency
“Congratulations on a very successful leadership training program recently held in Southaven, Mississippi. I wanted each of you to know how powerful your presentation was and how the points mentioned hit the mark. It was a pleasure meeting both of you and if the DEA New Orleans Field Division can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to call… All the best, drive on and God Bless….”
Craig M. Wiles, Associate SAC, DEA – New Orleans Field Division
“It was a pleasure taking part of your training. I think it is the best training I have taken throughout my career with the NYPD. Thank you and Sheriff Ray Nash. You guys are touching a part of law enforcement that has not been addressed. Keep helping other law enforcers realize that they are “MAGNUS”. As for me, I know in my heart and mind that I am. God bless you both for everything.”
Police Officer Julio Castro, NYPD
Colorado FOP and and the National Command and Staff College are pleased to bring this nationally recognized workshop to Colorado.
Crisis happens. Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity and Ambiguity – VUCA (coined at the Army War College in the early 1990’s) is a sobering reality for police officers nationwide. In simple terms, VUCA is chaos. It falls on law enforcement professionals to understand it, prepare for it, and minimize the disruptive and destabilizing effects of it on self, agency and the communities they serve.
This workshop introduces “MAGNUS” as a General Leadership (Javidi, 2016) as a practical and tactical counter VUCA for enhanced officer performance, effectiveness, wellness and resiliency. MAGNUS Leadership expands the scientific application of the Theory of Things and Expectancy and Reversal Theories of Leadership activating positive brain and deep emotional intelligence. It outlines MAGNUS Leadership virtues and imperatives to ignite and/or accelerate transformational leadership mindfulness and practices to enhance officers delivering RESULTS with CONFIDENCE. The workshop utilizes motivational presentations with personal experiences leading to dynamic group discussions with simulations for enhanced learning.
Upon completing the course, each participant will:
- Have a scientific and practical understanding of VUCA while learning the short-term and long-term effects on each Law Enforcement Officer’s Personal and Professional life.
- Understand Theory of Things, Reversal Theory and Cognitive Science as a practical framework to counter VUCA.
- Develop comprehensive personality, emotional intelligence and behavioral learning tools to enhance leadership capacity.
- Identify “Ten Imperatives” that MAGNUS Leaders must exhibit in order to effectively supervise with integrity, credibility, humility and mentor-ship which creates an environment that supports both personnel and the organizational mission.
- Increase personal wellness and resiliency.
Participants will receive the following:
- Four (3) Self-Assessments
- Study guide in workbook format during class.
- Two (2) textbooks: Deliberate Leadership & Moral Compass for Law Enforcement
- National Certificate of Completion from the National Command & Staff College
- MAGNUS Leader Challenge Coin and a Nationally Certified Certificate from the National Command & Staff College and the Criminal Justice Commission for Credible Leadership Development.
Cancellation Policy: We may cancel or postpone any course or activity because of insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances. If a program is canceled or postponed, we will refund registration fees but cannot be held responsible for any other related costs, charges or expenses, including but not limited to cancellation/change charges assessed by hotels, airlines or travel agencies. Requests for cancellation and/or substitution should be directed to the workshop organizer. A $50 cancellation fee will be applied to all refunds. Requests for substitutions for another class or of another attendee for the same class will be accommodated whenever possible. Additional fees will not be charged for reasonable substitutions. Refunds will not be issued for ‘no shows”. All registration fees must be paid prior to the start of the class.